Monday, June 16, 2014

About Me!


Reading and Writing go hand-in-hand when it comes to being creative and expressing yourself!


Hello everyone! My name is Kaori Becker, and I am originally from the Bay Area, California!
• I went to the University of California, Berkeley for undergrad, and majored in Social Welfare with a minor in Education
• My major interest for this class is journalism, learning how to write in a journalistic and professional fashion, and how to help my future students learn to write professionally as well.
• I am interested in teaching high school students, as well as community college students.
• I hope to learn more about Journalism and how it applies to teaching, and practices and curriculums I can use with my future students.
• My prior involvement in Journalism includes writing for my university's newspaper The Daily Cal for a semester during sophomore year. It was a lot of work, and sometimes immense pressure, but I learned how to write a clear and succinct newspaper article as well as find my sources quickly (many times that meant a lot of phone calls!). You can see my articles for the Daily Cal on this website. In high school I also had a chance to write articles once in a while for the newspaper in Hayward, California.
To me,
• English Language Arts is amazing because it is an open door to creativity, growth, and inspiration. I find myself inspired when I create writing because it expresses a part of who I am, and I want to teach ELA because I want to pass on the spirit of creativity and boundlessness and inspiration in writing to my students.
• I want students to feel inspired to be creative, to express themselves through writing, and learn from all of the great writers and authors out there.
• My world is… a place of endless possibilities.



No comments:

Post a Comment